Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Gospel of John 7:28-29 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.” (John 7:28-29 KJV)

The Lord Jesus Christ was sent on assignment only He can accomplish. It was an assignment not of his own initiative. He wasn't looking for honor for himself. He was sent to do the Father's work, to do the Father's mission, and to bring glory to the Father by accomplishing it. The mission's cost was heavy: His life must be given in the process to execute it. The goal was to reveal the Father to us, as well as reconcile us to Himself through Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:18). And, when the Lord Jesus ascended to heaven, he gave us the same mission: "As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you (John 20:21)!" Hence, we are called to live in Him and He in us each day, following the cue of His Spirit in us. Living in grace, fully committed by faith in our Savior, we live for and in the one who sent us and reveal his glory and grace through us (Roman 8:8-21).

In these passages, the Lord Jesus raised His voice high to declare for all in the temple to hear. He revealed the plain truth that they who heard Him knew Him after all. The Jews, who read the writings of Moses and the prophets, knew Him! For reasons only them and God know, as these texts reveal, they are just plainly pretentious and rebellious, as their reactions to Him and His messages show!

Hence, the Lord Jesus said this of them: “This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: “‘“You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.” For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’” (Matthew 13:13-15 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: