Monday, July 1, 2024

The Gospel of John 8:14-18 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” (John 8:14-18 KJV)

In these passages, the Lord Jesus raised the bar higher in His declarations and pronouncements about Him and His nature. He now declares in plain language who He is, as the Jews demanded, not anymore shrouded by allegories, analogies and metaphors. He stressed that what He says about Himself for Himself of Himself is enough as He is the ultimate authority of truth who came down from heaven sent by the Father to dwell among His own creation. In essence and in truth, He doesn't need to justify Himself to you and I. He is the Almighty God! His Words are more than enough! He and the Father bear witness of Him!

It is we who ought to seek Him, know Him, receive Him and worship Him. If we play dumb or even perhaps act like the Pharisees and religious Jews who refused to recognize Him or even disdain Him, we bear the serious consequences of it. We are warned: “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.” (John 3:18 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: