Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Gospel of John 8:20 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.” (John 8:20 KJV)

As the Lord Jesus Christ continues to escalate the spirituality of His interaction with the religious authorities running the temple, we are put in the know in this passage that all these happened on the area where the people would bring their offerings and contributions for the temple. The treasury is the financial traffic area and the storehouse of the temple's wealth. It is administered by the high priest of the religious authorities during this exact time the Lord Jesus was now revealing very openly and clearly who He is. This is the back drop when those religious leaders were in pursuit to arrest and kill Him.

This identification of the exact spot where the Lord boldly taught, emphasizes that the timing of the fulfillment of His mission is not dictated by the religious leaders nor anyone else, but rather by the timing set in heaven. Being right there in the proximity of the religious high Priest but was never laid hands on to be arrested, manifest the sovereign power of God as who the Lord Jesus claimed He is. His hour is not yet come.

Yes, when His time comes as His mission is revealed fully and when all that's needed to be done are accomplished for us to be saved, then, only then those priests could have their hands to take Him. The Lord Jesus declared for yours and for my redemption: “For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”” (John 10:17-18 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: