Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Gospel of John 9:10-12 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight. Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.” (John 9:10-12 KJV)

In these passages, the blind recipient of miracle and made protagonist in this developing drama, gave a brief factual account of the healing he just received from the person of grace and truth, who is our Lord Jesus Christ. This supernatural event has created quite a stir among the people. It is developing into being the center of the town's talk. Some raised eyebrows were evident, with confusion and questions abounding. Something impossible just happened. With many declaring that the fingerprints of God are all over it.

In his brief account of the miracle done to his eyes, the once blind man stated that Jesus had placed mud on His eyes and then commanded him to go and wash. But, when his eyes were opened, the Lord had already gone His way. Again, the Lord's smearing of the clay on the man's eyes, made from dust and spittle from His mouth, brings to remembrance of where we were created from (Genesis 2:7). Truly the One who created us, restores us as we rest in His grace by faith in Christ Jesus, like this man who was blessed to be in the presence of the light of the world. He now sees the light!

Let's therefore seek Him. He is ever present. Now, we know His name, who is above all names (Philippians 2:9). He is our Lord Jesus Christ. He is calling us, you and I: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”” (Matthew 11:28-30 ESV). As we put our trust in Him, it is written: "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: