Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Gospel of John 6:55-57 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6:55-57 KJV)

Listening to this talk of the Lord Jesus Christ as an ordinary person of the world and as a religious person like the Jews, this is so gruesome to hear and think. To a person in the natural perspective, this is a disgusting idea. Eating His flesh? Drinking His blood? This sounds like cannibalism! But, that is not the message the Lord is trying to convey. Hence, with this talk, the Jew's campaign to make Him king by force, started to dissipate.

So, what is "eating" that the Lord is promoting for everyone to do? Eating is believing! What is "drinking" that everyone must do? Drinking is believing in Him! We believe that his death — his broken body and his spilled blood — paid in full the penalty for our sin. And, we believe that his perfect righteousness is freely given to us in exchange for our unrighteousness.

So, by eating His flesh and drinking His blood, that is believing In Him and His Words by His grace, we, you and “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: