Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Gospel of John 6:8-9 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him, There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?” (John 6:8-9 KJV)

The Lord Jesus Christ posed a challenge to Phillip, and His disciples, how to feed the throng of men, along with women and children in their tow. He knows how to feed them though, and how they will respond, but tests them in order to illustrate a valuable lesson (John 6:6). After suggesting to ignore the problem (Mark 6:36), with cost involved they thought it is better not to get involved.

However, Andrew's input about a kid's lunch of barley bread and fish, brings light about our life in the hands of Jesus. Our limitations can be used in ways far beyond what we can ask or imagine. We must not underestimate what can happen when a small amount of gifts and resources are placed in the hands of the Lord to be used for his glory, for the glory of the Father and for touching multitudes of people.

This is a marked fulfillment of God's promise about Jesus through Moses, as it is written: ““The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’ And the Lord said to me, ‘They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.” (Deuteronomy 18:15-19 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: