Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Proverbs 20:18 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God says...

“Plans are established by counsel; By wise counsel wage war.” (Proverbs 20:18 NKJV)

This is a reminder to refrain from haste, and never neglect to seek good counsel. And, we have our only perfect Counselor who is our Lord Jesus Christ (Isaiah 9:6). When we receive His Lordship in our life, in this day - right now, we have this assurance: “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” (John 14:20 NIV)

He also provided us other counselors. We have His perfect Word, which can make us wise (Psalms 19:7; 119:98). We have our parents, who have much greater wisdom and experience with the grounds they have covered in their journey. The war they survived, under the cover of God's grace. Their history of God's loving hands shielding them during troubled times they have to go through and the battles of living they fought, are great source of counsel and wisdom. And, their love provides strong motivation to save us from trouble. We, their children are their gifts from God (Psalms 127:3-4).

Most of all, as He is in us, we have wise counsel in the war we wage against the forces of darkness. The Lord Jesus also promised this: “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
(John 14:16-17,26 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: