Friday, August 7, 2026

The Gospel of Luke 22:1-2 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover. And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.” (Luke 22:1-2 KJV).

These texts set the stage for the FINAL unfolding of our Lord’s earthly ministry. With The Feast of Unleavened Bread - called The Passover approaching, and the religious leaders (chief priests and scribes) actively plotting how to kill our Lord Jesus Christ, made it known that they are afraid of the crowd’s reaction. The religious leaders conspired to destroy our Lord, but through the lens of grace, their plot perfectly aligned with God’s divine plan. Our Lord Jesus Christ wasn't going to die as a victim of circumstance. He was the ultimate fulfillment of God’s Passover plan. Just as the Passover lamb had to be spotless and sacrificed at a specific time in the Old Testament, the Lord Jesus—the spotless Lamb of God—was sacrificed for us exactly on the day of the Passover. What the enemy meant for evil, God used for the eternal redemption of humanity.

In these passages, the religious leaders and teachers—the men who should have recognized our Lord the Messiah—are the ones conspiring to kill Him. This is dead religion at work in contrast with the living grace of Christ Jesus. The chief priests operated under the Law, based on performance for self-righteousness. Because our Lord Jesus came to offer the free gift of righteousness and unconditional love, He was a threat to religion’s system of control, just like as perpetuated by present day religions.

In this crucial hours, as the Passover draws near, our Lord Jesus is set to gather with His closest disciples to eat the Passover meal, to radically culminate His mission to restore the New Covenant of Grace. Instead of focusing on the plot of the religious leaders, He focuses on what He is about to accomplish: shed His blood for the full forgiveness of our sins.

The Person of Grace removes the fear of men and women of the world. Unlike the religious leaders who were manipulated by public opinion, as with many in this present day who are held captive by religion. They brainwashed the world by religious systems for centuries that many were blinded to see this truth in God’s holy and written Words. It is my prayer that through this PFCmissions Reflections many would go to God’s Words of Truth, the Scriptures and meditate on it through the eyes of grace guided by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit who teaches us all things (John 14:26). Stay away from religion! Rest in God’s grace by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ! He is perfectly secure in His Father's love. Even though He knew torture and the cross were on the brink, His mind was fixed on higher things: bringing those who believe into the New Covenant of the Grace of God.

Hence, to get hold of the Lord’s intent for us, let’s reflect upon this profound declaration in our Lord’s Prayer to the Father. It is written: ““I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”” (John 17:20-26 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.

Partners For Christ Ministries, INC.
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: