When God Says …
“And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: for I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 22:14-16 KJV).
In these intense moments, our Lord Jesus Christ expresses His deep, passionate longing to institute the New Covenant of Grace and the Partaking of Bread and Wine. This highlights our Lord’s heartfelt desire saying: "with fervent desire I have desired" to share the final Passover meal before facing His suffering on the cross with His core redeemed disciples.
In His deep longing, our Jesus looked forward to this meal because it immediately preceded His finished work on the cross at Calvary, which transitions those who believes out of judgment into the realm of grace. This marks His intent to share the final moment of deep intimacy with His disciples to institute the New Covenant through His upcoming sacrifice, and fulfill His ultimate mission of redemption before facing His suffering on the cross.
When He says He will not eat it again until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God, it points forward to the ultimate victory and eternal communion, we-His redeemed, share with Him. Immediately following this intense expression of desire, our Lord Jesus transitions the Passover symbols of His Body and Blood into the bread and the wine, establishing the regular rhythm of grace, health, and remembrance for us - the body of believers. By this, we are made the household of the Lord held together, as it is written: “So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.” (Ephesians 2:19-21 ESV).
And I say, AMEN!
Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries
When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.
Partners For Christ Ministries, INC.
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477
Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment