Monday, August 10, 2026

The Gospel of Luke 22:9-12 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.” (Luke 22:9-12 KJV).

These passages point deeply to the provision of the New Covenant of God’s grace. The man carrying water symbolizes the Holy Spirit, while the clean and furnished "Upper Room" represents God’s throne of grace, the place of reclining and rest for believers who are set free from the burdens of the law.

In biblical typology, the man with the pitcher directs focus to several symbolic messages to reflect on. The water represents the Holy Spirit. Our Lord Jesus wants His disciples,—as well as you and I — to be led by the Holy Spirit today, allowing Him to guide and lead us in our steps. The upper room is the place of intimacy, divine rest, and spiritual supply. We note that the room was already "furnished and prepared," meaning we don't have to work hard or strive to earn God's blessings. Instead, we simply step into the chamber of His grace by faith in the provisions that our Lord Jesus has already furnished for us.

Just as the disciples left the bustling city activities to share a meal with our Lord Jesus Christ in a quiet upper room, we too are to take a break from the grip of life’s worldly demands. This imagery aims to encourage all of us believers to withdraw from self-effort of the law and religion. Let us sit at God's throne of unmerited favor and abounding grace, in the presence of our Lord and Redeemer.

Let us, therefore, welcome Him in. He is standing at the door, knocking, eager to come in to dine with us, as it is written: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” (Revelation 3:20-21 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC.
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: