When God Says …
“For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth. Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Luke 22:27-30 KJV).
These passages stress the reality of our Lord Jesus Christ as the ultimate Servant-King who values steadfast fellowship during trials and rendered royal grace on believers. Laying aside heavenly majesty, our Lord Jesus notes, "Yet I am among you as the One who serves" (Luke 22:27). This emphasizes that despite holding all power, He humbly draws close to you and I to minister, to cleanse, and love as His redeemed rather than demanding status recognition in return.
Spoken right in the midst of His supper during the Passover celebration (Luke 22:19–20), our Lord models the heart that gives and nourishes. He honors loyalty as He tells the disciples, "But you are those who have continued with me in my trials" (Luke 22:28). This points out how tenderly He praises His imperfect disciples for sticking by Him, resting in His grace rather than trying to impress Him by their efforts of good deeds.
When He says: "And I appoint unto you a kingdom..." (Luke 22:29), He proclaims this as a picture of absolute security and unearned royal favor—where you and I are welcomed not as servants working for scraps, but as honored royalty eating at His Kingdom's table. And, He will seat us on thrones to judge His chosen people, as He promises: “that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Luke 22:30 ESV).
And I say, AMEN!
Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries
When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.
Partners For Christ Ministries, INC.
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477
Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment