Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Gospel of John 5:31-33 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. Ye sent unto John, and he bear witness unto the truth.” (John 5:31-33 KJV)

In these passages, we can understand the inquisition of the religious Jews of that time. And, at the same time, we can also question their blindness and unbelief. However, in their vantage point, having been indoctrinated by their religion, even any sane person may also be skeptical about the claims made, like the Lord did. Even in this day and age, there are many who are held captive by their religions, who are blinded too. Yet, we already have the fullness of truth written for us to reflect on about the sacrificial salvation that the Lord Jesus did for us. But many still cling to their religious beliefs or utter unbelief, instead of believing and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ who saved them by grace through faith.

Aligning to their mindset and human perspective, the Lord agreed with them that if Him alone bear witness for Himself, His witness is not true. Though His claim is true and affirmed by the prophecies fulfilled through Him, as well as the miracles He performed, He directed them to John the Baptist, another man who bear witness about Him. And they have already gone to question John the Baptist, who witnessed to them the truth about the Lamb of God, who is the Lord Jesus Christ.

John the Baptist testified, as it is written: “The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel.” And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”” (John 1:29-34 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

(When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.)


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: