Sunday, September 1, 2024

The Gospel of John 11:14-15 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.” (John 11:14-15 KJV)

When the Lord Jesus was in the midst of His day's activities in the place where John the Baptist baptized Him, an urgent message from His friends in Bethany interrupted Him. Lazarus is sick and in fact has already fallen asleep. But, He waited several days before responding to go, see and wake him up. This was for the benefit of His disciples. And the disciples, who were somehow out of the loop, said: 'sleep is good.' Hence, the Lord Jesus stated plainly that Lazarus is dead.

On the part of Mary and Martha, and as with all of us, in our human view, this may look as if God failed to respond to the call for help. In such experience, many would get angry with God for not bringing healing prayed for. Yet, as with this account of Lazarus's illness, God could be holding off for greater miracle for a momentous timing. This is a setting for test of faith, trusting God no matter what and how He responds. One must remain in the posture of seeking Him. Rest and wait. His plans are greater than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9).

As His children by faith in Christ Jesus, we may feel abandoned and exiled, at times, in this hostile world. But, we have His promise to hold on to, as it is written God said: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.” (Jeremiah 29:11-14 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: