Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Gospel of John 12:14-15 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.” (John 12:14-15 KJV).

Prophesied by prophet Zachariah Five hundred years before (Zachariah 9:9), we see in these passages how it comes to fulfillment in the triumphal entry of our Lord Jesus Christ into the City of Jerusalem. Written with precision hundreds of years prior, the Lord enters the city of Zion riding on a donkey colt, minutely follows the prearranged progress of His mission for the salvation of mankind.

The Lord's choice of using an ass or donkey is a metaphor for the nature of His mission. Asses and donkeys are beasts of burden used in the hardest and most humiliating tasks that man does to survive during historic times. The Lord Jesus came to earth with the humblest and most humiliating mission of burden to save humanity and bring life to its dying state.

The burden of sin that leads the Lord to carry His own cross on the streets of Jerusalem that He now enters, will bring to the ultimate sacrifice that He will offer for you and I. He humbly gave His life by hanging on the cross (Philippians 2:8). This sacrifice and death He freely gave. By choice, He took our place to die. He declared unequivocally: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”” (John 10:18 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: