Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Gospel of John 12:32-33 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.” (John 12:32-33 KJV).

When Jesus said, 'And if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.'" In this passage, the word "men" is written in italics font, indicating that this is not in the original Greek manuscript, according some scholars who have studied it. So in the original, He was referring to "judgment" in the previous verse. Hence, it follows to say, "If I be lifted on the cross from the ground, I will draw all judgment unto me and finish it in death". In another way of saying, He said that if I be lifted up to die, pointing to His imminent crucifixion, He will bear all judgement against the world unto Himself. He took our judgement! So, now there is no more fear for us to be judged on the matter of sin. And the good news is, it is only by grace through faith in Him!

Of course, this did not take away the world's free will to choose to receive or reject it. Sadly, however, many chose to reject it to face their own judgement. They reject the sacrifice the Lord Jesus bore on the cross and chose to remain captive by the prince of darkness who was already defeated (Colossians 2:15) but continues to operate in this world. Some, seek solace from religion extolling their own man-made god designed by Satan to give them false hope and promise.

But for those who chose to receive it by faith in Christ Jesus, as we do when we rest in His grace through His finished work on the cross, we become born again. His death was our judgement, so we can have this affirming assurance: “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:1-2 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: