Thursday, October 17, 2024

The Gospel of John 12:48-50 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.” (John 12:48-50 KJV).

These passages are the last statements of the Lord's public discourse to summarize His mission, that the Father sent Him for, here on earth. If we followed closely with serious intent, we are put in the know that He is the only way to salvation. We know that He is God in flesh who lived amongst His beloved creation. His living and dying as a man—was established as our means of salvation (John 3:16–17 ).

Every Word He's spoken is of and from the Father, and everything He did were commanded of Him by the Father. He and the Father are one. Sounds a mystery to human level of thinking. Especially with those brainwashed by religion, they claim to know God and to await the Messiah. Yet, they rejected Him, despite the miracles and signs they've been privileged to witness in their midst. Hence, the Words the Lord Jesus spoke judged them in the last day. They missed the saving "work" of grace God intended man to perform, as it is written: “Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.” Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”” (John 6:27-29 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: