Friday, August 16, 2024

The Gospel of John 10:14-16 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” (John 10:14-16 KJV).

Continuing in His use of shepherd and sheep analogy, in these passages the Lord Jesus Christ invoked His most sacred name I AM to emphasize that He is the Good Shepherd. This gives us an urgent alert that there are bad shepherds who come with intent to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). He is our Good Shepherd who comes with the intent to care for our good (Psalm 23).

When we put our trust and faith in Him, we will know Him and hear His voice. It starts with our seeking Him, deep within us. We are to seek His kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33a). When we seek we will find Him as the Father draws us unto Him. He knows the Father for He is one with Him. He will raise us up on the last day (John 6:44).

That's the deal we have by faith in Him - our Lord Jesus Christ, our Good Shepherd. He died as ransom (1 Timothy 2:6), for us who belong to another fold - the Gentile flock. Now, we too are brought into the fold by becoming spiritual descendants of Abraham. Through faith in Christ Jesus, we hear His voice who is our Shepherd. We are now heirs of the promise to Abraham. “If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29 NIV).

And, here is the promise: “After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.”” (Genesis 15:1 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: