Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Gospel of John 10:27-30 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.” (John 10:27-30 KJV)

The Lord is saying, ‘The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice’. But the problem is: in this world, in the flesh, we when we step into its ground we become possessed by it. By default, we belong to it and adapt to its sinfulness. Scriptures reveal: "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." (Psalms 51:5 NIV). We don’t always listen to his voice. Our hearing wanders to other noises and not always open to listen. Listening is a challenge and requires effort.

But the moment we choose to seek the Lord truly, we find Him. And as we receive the Words we hear from Him, our spirit connects with His Spirit. The voice of His holy and written Words becomes clear for us to listen. As we reflect on His Words and let them sink in, His Words enable us to hear His voice loud and clear. These passages placed in our power of choice to be that sheep under the guiding hands of the true and good Shepherd who is our Lord Jesus Christ.

When the Lord Jesus says, “I give them eternal life, and they shall not perish,” He means very bluntly that there are two eternal destinies. The one destiny is eternal life, which comes to those who hear His voice and follow Him. The other is eternal death, which comes to those who reject His voice and go their own way or any other ways which many are opting to go. In Christ Jesus, we are secure in His and the Father's hands. No one can snatch us away from their hands.

The key is, while still in this world, we rest in His grace by faith. And Scriptures remind: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: