Friday, August 9, 2024

The Gospel of John 10:3 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.” (John 10:3 KJV)

Continuing on the parable, this verse tells us that the gate guard of the sheep barn gives the true Shepherd free access through the gate. He enters in the gate. He doesn't sneak in. The keeper of the gate recognizes Him and the sheep too. Again, we must be in the know that the Shepherd in this metaphor is the Lord Jesus Christ. When He calls the sheep by name they hear Him. We, who believe, are the sheep. He knows each our every name and calls us individually by name (Isaiah 43:1).

The sheep will only listen to their own shepherd's voice. This reveals to us that who we listen to is our shepherd. Or, in other words, whose voice we recognize and follow becomes our shepherd. To which the Lord Jesus said about the religious Jews that they listen and follow their father the devil (John 8:44) who is their shepherd. This also alludes the same to those who march by the cadence of present day religions. They do not recognize Him and His voice because they do not belong to His flock.

The true Shepherd, who is the Lord Jesus Christ, leads His sheep - that's us who believed in Him and are born again, redeemed by His blood. He is not a religious head appointed by men. He is the One risen from the dead who is in us. Yes, by faith in Him through His grace and by the finished work He did on the cross, we become the sheep in His flock. In our hearts we can consciously acknowledge and proclaim, as King David did. “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” (Psalm 23:1-6 ESV)

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: