Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Gospel of John 10:17-18 When God Says...I Say, AMEN!

When God Says …

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” (John 10:17-18 KJV).

In these passages, the Lord Jesus Christ continues to reveal words unbelievable to human understanding, most especially to people like His antagonists - the religious fanatics in Jerusalem. His claims of being the only legitimate means of salvation for mankind (John 10:1-13) and His revelation that He has another sheep belonging to other flocks - the gentile nations (John 10:14-16) whom He will bring into intimate relationship with the Father, we're too difficult for religious people to take. It is for this reason that the Father loves Him, as He lays His life for His sheep. Yes! And, the Father gives Him the power to voluntarily give his life and take it again, by resurrection from the dead.

He is doing it all to fulfill His Father's command. He humbled Himself to die for us, whose faith in Him brought us into reconciliation with the Father (2 Corinthians 5:18-20). Scriptures affirm, as it is written: “And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:8-11 ESV).

And I say, AMEN!

Daily reflections by:
F. A. Frias
PFC Ministries

When God says... I say, AMEN! is a provocative reflection of the Lord's holy Word. It intends to challenge every seeker of truth to dig deep into the core of the Word of Life to point every being to Christ Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith, and to draw revelations for change, for nourishment and for strength of every soul.


Partners For Christ Ministries, INC
P. O. Box 773716
Ocala, FL 34477

Touching lives in Cambodia, The Philippines, The Middle East, The USA, and... other countries.

No comments: